- This event has passed.
Your Shore Conference 2020
February 1 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
YOUR SHORE CONFERENCE 2020
Join us for our 8th annual Your Shore Conference!
2019 has been an incredible year, with young people’s voices becoming both more urgent and important in the fight to protect their future, not to mention a huge shift in public consciousness and the kinds of conversations we’re having about our living planet.
As we move into 2020 – the fifth and final year of the Your Shore Beach Rangers project – we’ll be celebrating our brilliant Your Shore Network groups and awesome Beach Rangers, as well as looking to the future.
– What does the future of the marine conservation in Cornwall and the Your Shore Network look like?
– How can we continue to create opportunities for young people to get involved in marine conservation and encourage them to do so?
– What action can Cornish communities take in light of the ecological and climate emergency?
When? Saturday 1st February 2020
Where? Pavilion Centre, Royal Cornwall Showground, Whitecross, PL27 7JE
Who? This event is for all marine enthusiasts – EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
Cost: This event is completely FREE, with tea, coffee and lunch provided
- By train/bus: The 11A runs from Bodmin Parkway train station (08:07 and 09:07 to arrive at 08:59 and 09:59).
- By car: Car sharing is strongly encouraged; if you need OR can offer a lift, let us know and we will match people up where possible.
- ‘Rising Tide: Young people and Your Shore’ : Jodie Holyoake – YSBR Project Apprentice, Josh Symes – Beach Ranger and Laura Thornton – Our Bright Future Youth Forum representative
- ‘This Wonderful, Complicated, Sensitive Ocean’: Dr Paul Naylor, marine biologist, underwater photographer and author.
- ‘The ecological & climate emergency and coastal community action – what can we do about it?’: Dr Mark Ward, Somerset Wildlife Trust’s Brilliant Coasts.
Join us to hear about the fantastic work which is going on throughout the Your Shore network and Beach Rangers Academy, as well as to be part of the conversation on what happens next.
- Bring a reusable cup and water bottle.
- FREE tea, coffee and lunch (range of vegetable curries) provided.
- Let us know of any allergies