There’s no doubt about it – Mississippi is a beach lover’s paradise. With its gorgeous Gulf Coast coastline, there are plenty of beaches to explore in the state.
And whether you’re looking for a place to relax and soak up the sun or you’re seeking out some adventure, you’re sure to find the perfect spot in Mississippi.
This guide will help you find the top beaches in Mississippi that are perfect for a day or a week of relaxation and fun with your family.
Our Favorite Beaches in Mississippi
1. Pass Christian Beach
This is the most popular beach in Mississippi, and it’s easy to see why: the white sand is great for lounging, and you can swim in the clear water or play volleyball with your friends. There’s also a boardwalk with shops, restaurants, and bars. It’s a fun place to be.
2. Biloxi Beach
The beach in Biloxi, Mississippi, is where the city started. Now people come from all over to the gorgeous white sand while the water is so clear you can see swimming fish. A boardwalk is also full of shops, restaurants, and bars. The only problem? The beach gets crowded on hot summer days.
3. East Beach
East Beach is a beautiful white sand beach in Biloxi with clear water that’s great for swimming. There’s also a boardwalk full of shops, restaurants, and bars. The only problem? The beach gets crowded on hot summer days.
4. Horn Island
If you love tropical beaches, then Horn Island Beach is your destination. You’ll be delighted with the turquoise water, the soft white sand, and the gorgeous sea shells that wash onto shore. You can even view wildlife like seabirds and alligators while relaxing on this Mississippi beach.
5. Bay St. Louis Beach
The Gulf Coast of Mississippi is a unique destination waiting to be explored. The area is a popular tourist destination. People travel there for fishing tours and to enjoy the scenic views of St. Martin’s Beach, which extends for miles along the Gulf of Mexico.
Soggy red clay and white sand line the shore, and buildings sit on stilts that rest on marshy land. Visitors can enjoy swimming and diving in the warm waters of this area as well as eco-tourism activities such as kayaking, biking, and exploring marine life with whale watching tours.
6. Old Bridge Beach
If you love tropical beaches, as you’ll find at Horn Island, then Old Bridge Beach is for you. The white sand is great for lounging, the clear water is great for swimming, and there’s a boardwalk here full of shops, restaurants, and bars.
7. Ross Barnett Reservoir
Ross Barnett Reservoir is a beautiful, secluded beach where you can swim in the clear water and watch alligators pass on the sand. Plus, you can fish while you’re here. This is a great Mississippi beach for camping too.
8. Waveland Beach, Bay St. Louis
Waveland Beach is a great spot in Mississippi to catch rays and watch wildlife. There’s also a sandbar you can walk out onto, though you might get your feet wet. The beach area is a small town; you can find souvenir shops, restaurants, and bars.
9. Popp’s Ferry Landing, Pass Christian
Popp’s Ferry Landing is a great spot for fishing, marina and boat rentals, boat slips, and a park area. The waters here are calm enough for swimming and are surrounded by beautiful homes. A boardwalk is also full of shops, restaurants, and bars.
10. Ross Barnett Reservoir Beaches
Ross Barnett Reservoir is a gorgeous place to enjoy a Mississippi beach. There are four beaches here, each offering different views of the water, the wildlife, and the trees. You can fish here, swim in the blue waters, and enjoy a picnic on the shore.
Are you wondering where to take your family on vacation this summer? If you’re looking for a new experience in a beautiful and healthy place, you should consider Mississippi.
There are plenty of amazing beaches to choose from in America’s most southern state, including Gulf Shores, Bay St. Louis, Gulfport, Pass Christian, and more.
Rolling hills of lush green coastline seamlessly blend into the shimmering blue-green waters with lazily drifting boats dotting the coastlines and crisp white sandy beaches waiting for you to explore every inch of its glory before capturing your own favorite snapshots on Instagram or Snapchat.
Planning your visit
If you’re looking to plan a beach getaway to Mississippi, here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Gulfport and Biloxi are two of the most popular beach towns in the state, and both offer a wide variety of activities and attractions.
2. If you’re looking for a quiet and relaxing beach experience, consider visiting one of the many small towns along the Mississippi Coast.
3. There are a variety of beachfront accommodations available in Mississippi, so be sure to do your research and find the perfect place to stay.
4. When it comes to food, you’ll definitely want to try some of the local seafood – it’s some of the best in the country!
5. And finally, don’t forget to pack your sunscreen and swimsuit – you’re going to need them!
With its beautiful beaches and welcoming atmosphere, Mississippi is the perfect place to enjoy a beach vacation. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today.
What to bring to the Mississippi beach
If you’re planning a beach trip to Mississippi, be sure to pack the following items:
1. Sunscreen – the sun is strong in Mississippi, so you’ll want to protect your skin.
2. Swimsuit – there’s no better way to enjoy the beach than by taking a swim.
3. Towels – you’ll need them for drying off after a swim.
4. Beach chair or umbrella – these will come in handy if you want to relax on the beach.
5. Snacks and drinks – make sure you pack plenty of food and beverages, as there are often limited options at beaches.
6. Cooler – this will keep your food and drinks cold.
7. First-aid kit – just in case you need it.
8. Beach toys – if you’re traveling with kids, they’ll definitely want to bring along some beach toys.
9. Camera – don’t forget to document your trip!
Why Mississippi is a great place to visit
There are plenty of reasons why Mississippi is a great place to visit the beach. Here are just a few:
1. The beaches in Mississippi are absolutely beautiful, with soft white sand and clear blue waters.
2. The Gulf Coast offers a wide variety of activities and attractions, from fishing and golfing to shopping and dining.
3. Mississippi is home to some of the best seafood in the country, so be sure to try some while you’re here.
4. The people of Mississippi are incredibly friendly and welcoming, and they’ll make you feel right at home.
5. And finally, the weather is absolutely perfect for a beach vacation – sunny and warm with a gentle breeze.
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip to Mississippi today!
There are plenty of wonderful beaches in Mississippi. When you’re looking for a great place to relax and get away from it all, any of these beaches would be a great choice. Mississippi beaches are a great way to escape city life and enjoy time with the people you love in a gorgeous natural setting. Spend your weekend relaxing on the white sands of a beach in Mississippi with alligators and seagulls flying overhead.
Hi, I’m Ryan Nelson! I live in the Hamptons, out on Long Island, near Ponquogue Beach. The beach is a place where I can find peace and serenity. It’s a place where I can sit and clear my head. The waves crashing on the shore somehow helps me to relax, while also reminding me that I am far from the stressors of daily life.