The New Jersey shore is well known for its beaches and the beauty of the shoreline. It has long been a sought-after destination for tourists and residents alike.
If you’re looking for a new vacation spot this summer, consider visiting New Jersey.
New Jersey has some of the most beautiful beaches in the United States and is also home to several great attractions that will make your trip memorable.
Beaches in NJ are some of the most popular tourist destinations in the state. With over 130 miles of coastline, there are plenty of options for beach-goers to choose from.
Whether you’re looking for a quiet spot to relax or a place to enjoy some waves, there’s a beach in NJ that’s perfect for you.
Here is a list of the top 10 beaches to visit in New Jersey.
Our Favorite Beaches in New Jersey
1. Cape May
Cape May has been a popular destination for the past two hundred years. It’s a town with several Jersey shore attractions, including an aquarium, boardwalk, and lighthouse.
Cape May is also home to several beautiful beaches of pure white sand that are great for swimming and tanning.
2. Long Branch
Long Branch’s longest beach is more than two miles long and has many amenities, including pavilions, bathhouses, lifeguards, playgrounds, and showers. It’s a great place for beachgoers to stay for many days and have fun simultaneously.
3. Sea Girt
Sea Girt is an old fishing village with a Victorian charm that is now a popular summer resort. The Long Beach beach stretches more than two miles and has many attractions, including large pavilions, restrooms, lifeguards, showers, and picnic areas.
Make sure to check out the pier during sunset. Another drawcard of Sea Girt is its ambience and shopping opportunities.
Avalon is known for its thriving entertainment industry and is the famous Stone Pony club home. The Avalon beaches are long and have been approved by the American Medical Association as one of the cleanest in the country.
5. Ocean City
Ocean City is famous for its boardwalk, shopping, dining, and entertainment.
Ocean City features a boardwalk, amusement parks, hotels, and restaurants. For a more leisurely beach getaway, consider spending the day on one of the many beaches in Ocean City.
6. Long Beach Island
Long Beach Island is a small island between New York and Atlantic City. It is known for its great restaurants and shopping opportunities. Long Beach Island is also home to several of America’s most beautiful beaches, including Eagleson’s Beach, Croxton Beach, Navesink Bay, and Shark River Park.
7. Seaside Park
Seaside Park is a small town located on the Jersey shore. It is most famous for its beautiful beaches, which include Mantoloking Beach and Seaside Heights Beach. Mantoloking Beach is known for its boardwalk and scenic views of the ocean.
If you’re looking for an alternative activity, stop by Bay Head’s old-fashioned amusement pier for thrilling rides and an old-fashioned amusement park.
8. Brigantine Beach
Brigantine Beach is a long beach that stretches for almost three miles. It has been the scene of many Jersey shore events, including the famous Jimmy Buffet concert. Brigantine Beach is also home to two resorts.
The first is the Island House and Rock Resorts, which offers golf, parasailing, and sailing activities. The other resort is the Woodbine Beach Hotel, which has an oceanfront spa, marina, and restaurant.
9. Spring Lake
Spring Lake is a popular destination for its beautiful sandy beaches, bustling boardwalks, parks, and shopping. It has the Third Street Pier, which features sea rides and numerous amusements. The town also features an aquarium, zoo, and the Jersey Shore Arts Center.
10. Wildwood Beach
Wildwood Beach is a famous Jersey Shore beach for its amusement rides. It also offers beautiful beaches, boardwalks, and lots of amusements. At the center of the Wildwood boardwalk, you’ll find a Ferris wheel and carousel where you can enjoy breathtaking ocean views from above.
Some other beaches to consider
- Asbury Park – This beach is located in Monmouth County and is a popular spot for swimming, surfing, and sunbathing.
- Point Pleasant Beach – This beach is located in Ocean County and is a popular spot for fishing, swimming, and sunbathing.
- Long Beach Island – This beach is located in Ocean County and is a popular spot for fishing, swimming, and surfing.
- Wildwood – This beach is located in Cape May County and is a popular spot for swimming, surfing, and sunbathing. It is also home to the famous Wildwood boardwalk.
Whether you’re looking to enjoy the sun and sand or take part in some of the many activities available, beaches in NJ offer something for everyone. So, what are you waiting for? Grab your sunscreen and head to the beach!
Other tourist options when you’re not at the beach
When visiting NJ, there are a few things you should know. First, the state is home to some of the most popular beaches on the East Coast.
So if you’re looking to soak up some sun and enjoy the water, you’ll definitely want to check out one of these destinations. Secondly, NJ is also known for its abundant history and culture.
There are a variety of historic sites and museums to explore, as well as many different cultural events and festivals to enjoy. Lastly, NJ is a great place to shop, with a wide variety of retail options available.
Whether you’re looking for a new outfit or just some souvenirs, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in NJ. So whatever your interests, you’re sure to find something to do when visiting NJ.
Pros & Cons of NJ
Pros of NJ:
- The state has a rich history and culture, with plenty of attractions to explore.
- There are a variety of beaches to enjoy, perfect for soaking up the sun.
- NJ is a great place to shop, with a variety of retail options available.
Cons of NJ:
- The state can be quite crowded during peak tourist season.
- It can be expensive to visit NJ, especially if you’re staying in one of the more popular areas.
Most popular tourist spots to visit in NJ:
- Asbury Park: This oceanfront city is known for its vibrant music scene and boardwalk.
- Cape May: This historic town is a popular destination for its Victorian architecture and sandy beaches.
- Princeton: Home to Princeton University, this town is also popular for its colonial history and architecture.
- Atlantic City: A major resort city, Atlantic City is known for its casinos, beaches, and boardwalk.
- Newark Museum: One of the largest museums in the country, the Newark Museum is home to a wide variety of art and historical exhibits.
- The Statue of Liberty: One of the most iconic landmarks in the United States, the Statue of Liberty is located on Liberty Island in New York Harbor.
- Ellis Island: Located in New York Harbor, Ellis Island was the first stop for millions of immigrants who came to the United States.
If you’re planning a beach vacation to New Jersey, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, when is the best time to visit? New Jersey’s beaches are busiest from Memorial Day to Labor Day, so if you’re looking for fewer crowds, try visiting outside of these months.
What should you bring? Sunscreen, beach chair or towel, snacks and drinks, change of clothes if you plan to visit a boardwalk or other attractions after the beach.
How can you have fun? In addition to swimming and sunbathing, many NJ beaches offer activities like fishing, surfing, and boating. And don’t forget about the boardwalks! Jersey Shore boardwalks are famous for their shops, restaurants, and amusement parks.
Visiting the beach is a great way to relax and have fun. By following these tips, you can make sure your trip to the Jersey Shore is a success.
New Jersey is a great place to live, with plenty of activities and attractions available for residents and visitors alike. The state has a population of nearly 9 million people, making it the most populous in the United States. New Jersey’s diverse population is reflected in its many different cultures and ethnicities.
The above are the best beaches in New Jersey. Going to the beach is a great way to relax, have fun and enjoy your time away from your responsibilities. These beaches are sure to give you and your family an unforgettable experience.
Hi, I’m Ryan Nelson! I live in the Hamptons, out on Long Island, near Ponquogue Beach. The beach is a place where I can find peace and serenity. It’s a place where I can sit and clear my head. The waves crashing on the shore somehow helps me to relax, while also reminding me that I am far from the stressors of daily life.