- Bill and Melinda Gates purchased a San Diego, California beachfront home for reportedly $43 million
- It’s a six-bedroom, 5,800 square foot house.
- The home is just one piece of a gigantic real estate portfolio that’s going to be divvied up as the couple negotiates their divorce
Bill Gates (born October 28, 1955) is Microsoft’s co-founder and current chief executive (CEO), which he founded with Paul Allen. He is consistently ranked among the world’s wealthiest people and was the wealthiest overall from 1995 to 2009—excluding 2008, when he was ranked third, and briefly in 2013 when he was the second wealthiest.
Gates held the CEO and chief software architect positions during his career at Microsoft and remained the largest individual shareholder, with 6.4 percent of the common stock.
With all that wealth, he acquired this stunning beachfront property nearby San Diego:
Bill Gates beach house: pics
Bill and Melinda Gates’ San Diego home will take your breath away. They bought this oceanfront mansion in the coastal town of Del Mar, California, for 43 million dollars. It’s 5,800 square feet and has high ceilings with a neutral color palette.
The living room opens up to a gorgeous terrace and the pool. The outdoor fireplace is surrounded by lounge chairs and umbrellas, perfect for entertaining. There’s also a cabana, separate guest house, and garage all right on the sand.
The kitchen features marble counters, stainless steel appliances, and an eat-in area. There is also a wet bar with whatever you need to prepare cocktails, like glasses and mixers.
The main suite comes complete with his, and her bathrooms (with separate tubs and showers), dual walk-in closets, and custom design touches.
The guest room features a private balcony and bathroom with dual sinks.
The separate guest house has three bedrooms and two baths. It’s like having your little oasis on the water.
The gardens are lush and green at this California beach house. The backyard is set up for casual entertaining with a bbq island, fireplace, TV, and lounge chairs.
This beach house is a classic California luxury home with arches and stunning landscaping from the outside. You can see the beach and ocean and gorgeous views.
Architect and designer Ken Ronchetti designed the house. It has 120ft of ocean frontage.
- Guesthouse with three guest rooms and two bathrooms
- Gated and fenced in – very secure
- Oceanfront home on a premier stretch of beach, just footsteps from the sand
- Pool & cabana with outdoor fireplace
- Outdoor kitchen for casual beachside entertaining
- Stunning oceanfront infinity pool (check out some of our favorite backyard sand pools)
- BBQ island on the ocean side, with fire pit and lounge chairs
- Hammocks underneath pergola off of guest house balcony
- Two large walk-in closets in main suite plus additional wardrobe spaces
- Oceanview from the main bedroom and guest suite balconies
- Stunning ocean views from the living room, dining area, and outdoor patio
- Loads of natural light throughout the house
- Large windows in both formal and informal areas – no glass to obstruct views and allow sunlight to brighten the space
He has also authored or co-authored several books.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is a private foundation founded by Bill and Melinda Gates. It is said to be the largest transparently operated private foundation globally.
The primary aims of the Foundation are, globally, to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty, and domestically, to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology.
The foundation was launched in 2000 and is committed to eradicating disease, poverty, and poor health worldwide.
Additional information: Faqs
Where does Melinda Gates live?
Melinda lives in Medina, WA, with her husband Bill Gates and their three children. Melinda is involved with many philanthropies, mainly education for women and malaria eradication.
Where does Bill Gates live?
Bill lives in a 66,000 square foot home in the exclusive Lake Washington neighborhood of Hunts Point with his wife, Melinda. The home has six kitchens, a library, a pool, and eight bathrooms.
Is Bill Gates the richest man alive?
Bill Gates is not the richest man globally, but his net worth is about $129 billion. He has donated over several billion to charitable causes since 1994.
Where was Bill Gates born?
Bill was born in Seattle, WA, on October 28, 1955. Bill attended public schools while growing up and later got accepted to Washington for college.
What is the net worth of bill gates?
Bill Gates is currently worth about $129 billion US dollars. He has donated over $28 billion to various charitable causes since 1994. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, he is the most generous person in history.
Bill and Melinda Gates’ San Diego beach house turns heads with epic views and an infinity pool. Bill and Melinda Gates live in Medina, Washington, a few miles from Seattle. Bill Gates was born in Seattle, Washington, where he attended local public schools and was accepted to the University of Washington. His net worth is about over $129 billion US dollars.
Hi, I’m Ryan Nelson! I live in the Hamptons, out on Long Island, near Ponquogue Beach. The beach is a place where I can find peace and serenity. It’s a place where I can sit and clear my head. The waves crashing on the shore somehow helps me to relax, while also reminding me that I am far from the stressors of daily life.